Dozo (Storehouse) of The Tsukudas
-
Name Dozo (Storehouse) of The Tsukudas Address Oote-Dori, Chuuo-Ku, Osaka TEL/FAX HP http://www.human-n.co.jp/issa-an/ E-mail shiou_567@yahoo.co.jp Architecture age Constructed in 1848, renovated in 1941 and 1945 Building type Residential buildings Construction A two-stories Dozo-zukuri (fireproof structure) Kawara tile roofing Outline explanation A one-story wooden green tea ceremony room constructed in the mid-Showa period. Located in Oote-Dori facing to the south, soon after turning to the west from Tanimachisuji Street. The Dozo (storehouse with thick earth walls) is still standing on the southwestern side of the main house. A two-stories fireproof building with formal Kawara roofing was renovated to the green tea ceremony room named ‘Koma’ in 1941. The ‘Sen’ bricks are paved over the earthern floor on the first floor. Joist ceiling. Two longitudinal casement glass windows are installed on the western wall, and the design of the combined framework is Chinese style. This is one of the rare Dozo architectures of the early modern period retain in the urban area of Osaka.
Cultural property type Registered Tangible Cultural Properties Event link open to the public closed note

-
The Sugitas R…
The main house was constructed as a residence in 1929, and was bough…
-
Main body of …
It is a two-storey wooden building with both, tiled hipped roof and …
-
Sumiyoshi-Tai…
Sumiyoshi-taisha was established in the year 211 on the present site…
-
Konko Church …
A single-story, partly two-stories large wooden Japanese style archi…
-
Main hall of …
This main hall is the successor of the main hall described as a "fiv…
-
Ituo Art Muse…
Ituo Art Museum was used to be called Gazoku Sanso, which was the ol…